His practice also encompasses negotiating severance packages and advising clients on workplace civil rights. He has represented hundreds of thousands of employees and recovered back wages resulting in tens of millions of dollars for those clients. Mr. Solomon was selected to be a mediator for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York and regularly mediates federal actions.
Mr. Solomon is an Associate and Appellate Justice of the St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Court. He is an executive committee member of the New York State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law section, and he co-chairs the section’s Wage and Hour Committee.
He played goalie on the Iroquois National Lacrosse Team in the 1990 and 1998 World Lacrosse Championships in Perth, Australia, and Baltimore, Maryland. He also played on the 12-time National Championship Hobart College Lacrosse team, earning three National Championships.
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York
President of the American Indian Law Students Association, 1994–95
- Hobart College, Geneva, New York
B.A., with honors, 1992
- WDNY Certified Federal Court Mediator – 2012–Present
Over 25 hours certified training
- Faculty, Law Education Institute
Yes We Have No Bananas: Tactics and Defenses for Handling ADA Claims
Handling Workplace Investigation of Discrimination
Effective Use of Closing Arguments
Workers’ Compensation, the FMLA and the ADA – How to be Proactive in a Confusing Environment
What Hath ADAA Wrought? And Gina?
The ADAA and Gina: Hot Issues
ADA: Recent Developments on Reasonable Accommodations and the Interactive Process
ADA & New Developments on Reasonable Accommodation
Pregnancy Discrimination: Where is the Duty to Accommodate?
ADA and Leave as a Reasonable Accommodation: How Much is too Long?
ADA: The Opioid Epidemic – Interactive Process and Accommodating Mental Disabilities in the Workplace
The Most Commonly Litigated Issues in FMLA Claims and How to Win
- Speaker, Monroe County Bar Center for Education
Practical Ways to Build Your Practice
- Speaker, National Employment Law Association
Effective Use of ERISA in Disability Litigation
- Speaker, Hobart College, Academic Achievement Awards, Benjamin Hale Dinner
- Speaker, New York State Bar Association
- Speaker, American Bar Association
- Speaker, American Conference Institute
Honors and Awards
- Rochester Business Journal’s Forty Under 40 Award, 2005
- New York Super Lawyers, 2007 – Present
- Monroe County Bar Association’s President Award, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- National Employment Law Association
- Judiciary Committee Member, Monroe County Bar Association
- Fair Labor Standards Legislative Committee Member, American Bar Association
- Past Chairman and Former Board Member, Compeer, Inc., and Compeer International, Inc.
- Executive Committee Member, New York State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section
- Enrolled Member, St. Regis Mohawk Tribe
- Associate and Appellate Justice, St. Regis Mohawk Tribe Court
- Co-chair, New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section Wage and Hour Committee and past co-chair Individual Rights and Responsibilities Section.
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Attorney, Volunteer Legal Services Project
- Goalie, Iroquois National Lacrosse Team, World Lacrosse Championships in Perth, Australia, and Baltimore, Maryland, 1990–98
- Former Trustee, Friends of Ganondagan, a New York State historic site of a former Iroquois/Seneca village
- New York