A Strong Voice against Discrimination & Harassment
Have You Experienced Workplace Discrimination?
Workplace discrimination comes in many forms. Under federal law, workplace discrimination occurs when someone is treated less favorably because of a prejudice based on race, color, age, gender/sex, national origin, religion, or disability.
Many states also have strict laws that protect even more employees from discrimination. In New York, for example, employers also cannot discriminate based on military status, marital status or political activities, among other factors.
At Thomas & Solomon LLP, our award-winning attorneys fight for employees who have suffered workplace discrimination. Our skilled lawyers have significant experience with the federal, state, and local laws that protect employees’ rights. We will use our experience to walk you through every aspect of your case to determine whether you have a valid claim, ready to fiercely defend your rights and hold your employer accountable.
You Do Not Have to Tolerate Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment is a type of sex discrimination that includes unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct that is sexual in nature.
There are two types of sexual harassment: quid pro quo and hostile work environment. Quid pro quo harassment occurs when a supervisor asks you for sexual favors in return for advancement or threatens you with adverse employment actions. Hostile work environment occurs when your employer allows an environment that is demeaning, inappropriate or creates an atmosphere of hostility.
While many workers are hesitant to speak with a lawyer about sexual harassment, it is vitally important to contact an attorney in order to protect your claims. Since there are deadlines for taking action, you should not delay in contacting an attorney to learn about your rights. At Thomas & Solomon LLP, our knowledgeable and compassionate attorneys will clearly explain your rights, potential next steps and how we can help.
Experienced Workplace Discrimination Lawyers Who Will Fight to Protect Your Rights
Thomas & Solomon LLP is highly experienced in handling a wide range of discrimination claims before federal and state courts, as well as government agencies like the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the New York State Division of Human Rights.
The following are just a few examples of the many types of discrimination claims we have handled:
- Obtained a favorable settlement after filing a lawsuit in Federal Court for a female financial executive who was fired after filing a charge of discrimination with the EEOC for gender discrimination, including being paid less than her male co-workers for doing the same work;
- Obtained a favorable settlement for an employee told she no longer had a job after going out on leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act following the birth of a child;
- Represented a class of Hispanic employees before EEOC where they were awarded $200,000 for a hospital’s illegal English-only rules;
- Obtained a settlement for a customer service employee’s race discrimination claim after appealing decision in favor of the employer;
- Represented a college professor fired for political beliefs in jury trial in Federal Court.
Call Us At 585-272-0540 or 1-877-272-4066 for a Thorough Case Evaluation
It can be difficult to know if you have a legal claim for workplace discrimination or sexual harassment. To determine whether it makes sense to move forward with a lawsuit, contact the highly experienced workplace discrimination lawyers at Thomas & Solomon LLP. You can reach us by phone or online here. We respond promptly to inquiries and carefully consider every course of action based on what is best for the client.