Hiring An Employment Lawyer
Do I Need An Employment Lawyer?
Having to deal with an employer problem can be a very stressful situation. Employees experiencing workplace issues and illegal actions by their employers need an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer to fight for their rights. Most employers have more experience and resources in handling workplace disputes than employees. Employees who do not consult with an experienced employment lawyer will find themselves at a real disadvantage in protecting their rights.
Our Employment Lawyers in Rochester, NY
The experienced Rochester, NY employment lawyers at Thomas & Solomon LLP focus entirely on representing employees in all types of employment law matters. We have extensive knowledge of federal, state and local laws that impact employees. Our Rochester area employment lawyers have extensive knowledge of wage and hour laws. This includes the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and New York Labor Law. We also assist employees in employee benefit issues, including retirement and benefit plans under ERISA and employee leave under the Family & Medical Leave Act. We represent employees who have experienced discrimination and retaliation and protect whistleblowers. Our dedicated employee-rights attorneys will provide you with advice regarding your employment issue and recommend the best course of action. If you retain us to represent you, we’ll fight to make sure your rights are protected every step of the way. Although we are based on Rochester, NY we are able to take on cases throughout the country.
When Should I Speak With An Employment Lawyer?
Contact us to speak with one of our experienced employment lawyers if you find yourself in any of the below situations:
- You have concerns about how your employer is treating you, or whether you’ve been terminated illegally;
- You need assistance reviewing or negotiating an employment contract or severance package;
- You’re concerned that you (and other employees) are not being paid properly;
- You’re aware of fraud or your employer has retaliated against you for reporting fraud;
- You’ve been discriminated against or harassed at work, based on race, color, age, gender/sex, national origin, religion or disability;
- You need help submitting a claim for benefits or appealing a denial;
- You have concerns about a background or credit check an employer has performed on you.
If you have employment law questions, want to find out about your legal rights or need help with a workplace issue, the dedicated employment lawyers at Thomas & Solomon LLP are here to help. Contact us today for a confidential evaluation of your situation.